SEMA California District - Current Opportunities
Project Engineer (CA)
Location: Irvine, California
Salary Range: Based On Experience
SEMA Construction, Inc., has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Engineer with a background in heavy civil construction. The Project Engineer will be responsible for projects located within our California District in Irvine, California. This person will assist Project Management in the direction of field responsibilities for both self-performing and subcontracted trades. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foreman to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assisting Project Manager to assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- Minimum of five years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Experience working with CALTRANS
- Proficiency in Viewpoint is preferred
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
California District General Application
Location: Irvine, CA
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you are interested in a specific position and we are not currently advertising for it in the California District, you may submit your application/resume and we will keep it on file for 60 days. After 60 days, you will need to submit a new application. If you are interested in submitting an application for future open positions, please click on the link below to complete an on-line application and/or attach your resume. Be sure to include the position you are interested in applying for on your application or resume. In order to be considered for employment in certain positions in California, you need to be a member of a local union. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.APPLY NOW