SEMA Corporate - Current Opportunities
Receptionist (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary Range: Based on Experience
SEMA Construction, Inc., has an immediate opening for a full-time, bilingual Receptionist to be located at our corporate headquarters in Centennial, Colorado. Candidate must be fluent in both English and Spanish. This is a position well suited for someone with a professional demeanor who likes a fast-paced environment. The Receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks and will be responsible for: answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies, and assisting the A/P department as needed. Requirements:
- Very reliable with a strong work ethic
- Professional and cheerful temperament
- Ability to be flexible and poised in a fast-paced environment
- Written and verbal communication proficiency in both English and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills
- Both self-sufficient performance skills and strong collaboration skills
- Customer/client focused
- Technical capacity and willingness to learn new tasks
- Ability to work independently and take direction from multiple source
Human Resources & Benefits Manager (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary Range: Based Upon Experience
SEMA Construction, Inc.,voted a 2018 Top Workplace by the Denver Post, has an immediate opening for a Human Resources & Benefits Manager located at our corporate headquarters in south Denver, Colorado. The Human Resources & Benefits Manager will work closely with the Safety Department and lead various functions including; recruiting, on-boarding, benefits administration, management of workers’ compensation and general liability claims, and coordinating safety training needs. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Heavy recruiting and staffing (connections in the construction industry a plus)
- Benefits administration
- Cost analysis of benefits package to advise leadership on annual benefits renewal
- Act as liaison between employee and insurance providers
- Work with SEMA's Safety Department on investigation of claims and injuries as needed
- Play a lead role in the resolution of workers compensation and general liability claims
- Lead internal monthly claim review meetings with Safety
- Participate in quarterly claim review meetings with Safety, insurance carrier, and broker
- Work with legal counsel as needed to provide documentation and insight into litigated claims
- Compensation benchmarking
- Coordinate safety training requirements and provide follow-up to ensure training objectives are met
- Other general Human Resource responsibilities including career coaching and process improvements
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- PHR certificate preferred
- A minimum of two years of benefits administration, and/or human resources, and/or construction safety administration work experience
- Applicant must be a self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
- Knowledge of the construction industry is highly preferred
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy, and excellent judgment in navigating sensitive issues
- Utilizes analytical, negotiating, and influencing skills successfully
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and creative problem solving skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal proficiency is a significant plus
Precast Quality Control Technician
Location: Denver, CO
Salary Range: Negotiable
SEMA Precast, Inc., has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Technician to be located at our Precast concrete manufacturing facility in north Denver, Colorado. The chosen candidate will be responsible for testing and inspecting products at various stages of the production process, and compiling and evaluating statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. The Quality Control Technician will perform the following duties (this list is not all inclusive):
- Follow quality control procedures as outlined by SEMA Precast.
- Inspect and certify finished concrete products for conformance to shop drawings.
- Pre-pour inspections and audits
- Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Maintain quality control records, reports and test results.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards for concrete temperature, percentage of air, unit weight, slump and other quality requirements.
- Assist with tensioning operations, pre-pour inspections, post pour inspections and aggregate sieve analysis.
- Assist with set up and performance of destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Provide data for graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Support quality awareness in all precast production operations.
- Maintain lab equipment in calibration.
- Must adhere to all SEMA Precast and OSHA safety rules
- Must work with in the attendance policy guidelines.
- Preferred experience in Quality Assurance practices and techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Must be organized, professional, have strong written and verbal communication, and be a self-starter
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level 1 Certification
- NPCA Production and Quality School Certification, or ACPA’s equivalent
- PCI Level 2 Certification
Corporate General Application
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you are interested in a specific position and we are not currently advertising for it in SEMA Corporate, you may submit your application/resume and we will keep it on file for 60 days. After 60 days, you will need to submit a new application. If you are interested in submitting an application for future open positions, please click on the link below to complete an on-line application and/or attach your resume. Be sure to include the position you are interested in applying for on your application or resume. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.APPLY NOW