SEMA California District - Current Opportunities
Project Superintendent (Famosa, CA)
Location: Famosa, California
Salary Range: Negotiable
SEMA Construction, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Superintendent for heavy highway/bridge construction project 20 miles north of Bakersfield, CA. The Project Superintendent oversee the project and will schedule all self-performed work, and coordinate field crews through directives given to foremen as well as plan and schedule all requirements to control labor, equipment and material costs. This individual will be responsible for the timely completion of assigned operations and stay within budget. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-plan of work activities to meet contract, schedule and quality requirements including safety action plans.
- Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure the work in the field is built to specifications.
- Oversee field personnel, schedules and construction operations.
- Manage field operations and coordinate work with other personnel and subcontractors.
- Provide leadership and direction to field crew.
- Responsible for job performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits and company policies and procedures including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Emphasize safety, quality and production.
- Ensure proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel including PPE and fall protection.
- Train and motivates employees.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including weekly and look ahead schedules, production reports, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders, and updating project files.
- May operate heavy equipment and assist with labor when needed.
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience in heavy/highway construction industry is preferred.
- Working experience with CALTRANS
- Knowledge of all aspects of earthwork, underground drainage, and structural concrete work.
- Desire and willingness to adapt to various work disciplines, contract types and Owners.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards.
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents including plans, schedules, and specifications.
- Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to crew.
- Through knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Strong client relation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Must pass drug tests.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
California District General Application
Location: Irvine, CA
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you are interested in a specific position and we are not currently advertising for it in the California District, you may submit your application/resume and we will keep it on file for 60 days. After 60 days, you will need to submit a new application. If you are interested in submitting an application for future open positions, please click on the link below to complete an on-line application and/or attach your resume. Be sure to include the position you are interested in applying for on your application or resume. In order to be considered for employment in certain positions in California, you need to be a member of a local union. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.APPLY NOW